Followers

Monday, August 30, 2010

Twins

Hello friends, how was your weekend? Hope it wasn't like mine 'cos it just wasn't fun at all .. had the carpenter here again on Saturday and well kitchen is still not ready!!! .. long story.. so I still have most of the kitchen dismantled and all things lying about. I'm now really hoping he finishes by this week as OH needs to do an op on his hand asap!! Today was not so fun either, we didn't go to the beach as the weather was not nice and I ended up ironing ... Had a big pile which was getting bigger and bigger each day which just had to be done! O well, if I look at the bright side of that I can say now I'm done with that so I have some free time during the week instead... hopefully..

This is a card I managed to do. A colleague of mine needed a card for twin baby boys and waited for me to come back from my holiday . . . busy as I was, how could I say I couldn't do it!



For my card I used some of my new stuff, MS punches and also the machine to do the embossing and for cutting out the names. The stamp I used, which I coloured with my promarkers, is by Marjorie and is a freebie too... wow, cute isn't it :)

I found me some challenges too..

1 - Just Cute Bears Challenge no 32 - EMBOSSING
2 - AUD Sentiments Challenge no 9 - ANYTHING GOES
3 - Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge no 45 - ANYTHING GOES
4 - Stamping Vacation: Occasion Oasis Challenge - CONGRATULATIONS

Hope you like my card and thanks for looking.

xxx

19 comments:

Stef H said...

oh i so sorry to hear you had a terrible day. but your card sure is gorgeous! cheer up. things do get brighter!

hugs & smiles :)

JLJ Designs said...

Bummer about your kitchen! Your card is beautiful though! I love the embossed dots and the blue and white. It's so cute!

Jennifer

Audrey said...

Oh I just love this card! The coloring, embossing, the soft blue, everything! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and don't forget to enter in our monthly drawing going on right now.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hi Dora,

This is just too cute! Those bears are amazing. You should check out this cool blog, it has lists of current challenges! http://felineplayful.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

oh my... I adore this cutie card. The teddies are just so cute. Lovely punches and embossing and soft colours.. Lovely indeed!!! :D. Hope your kitchen gets done soon!.. hugs

Cheryl said...

This is just gorgeous Dora,beautiful colours and love the names!!! I love it!!
Hugs xx

Marjie said...

FAB card Dora.....so happy to see my freebies put to such great use!
Good Luck in the challenges!
Hugs Marjie X

Kathyk said...

Sorry to hear about your kitchen hassle and that your hubby needs an op on his hand - hope that happens soon for him.

Your card is a delight, love the MS round the corner punch - you've that particular technique nailed!, and your image is just splendid for twins.

Kathyk

Kelly said...

What a super cute card Dora! Thanks for the link! Hope you get your kitchen back in order soon, it's no fun when things are out of place!

Brenda Brown said...

Hope you're looking forward to a better week Dora.
Love this gorgeous card, brilliant colouring and great layout.
Take care.
Luv B xxxx

Karen McAlpine said...

I hear your pain...we have had our kitchen and bath done. You will be very happy when it's all done! Love your card. Really like that die cut piece. Thanks for joining us at the Stamping Vacation Challenge Blog.

Mummylade said...

this is just wonderful! Thank you for joining the SFTW challenge and good luck.

Josephine said...

That's such a fabulous card! I love the simple, clean colourscheme, and theimage is gorgeous!

Helen said...

Awww....this is sooooo sweet!
Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears!
Helen x

Amy said...

Super cute card, the embossed background looks great and your coloring of the bears is fabulous!
I hope you get your kitchen remodel done soon!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Dora it sounds a right ole time at the moment for you I hope the work gets finished soon so you can relax a little. I am so loving this beautiful card the image, letters and embossing look so professional fabulous work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anita said...

Your card is so beautiful. I'm sure your friend loved it. Beautiful colors.

Annie said...

a lovely teddy card and so pretty in blue and white! thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears.
hugs, annie x

Kathy said...

This card is just to darn adorable...love the softness to it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...