Followers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Two Birthday Cards and Fabulous NEWS

So I have two cards today ... and some news, but first my cards...and lucky me got both the digis for free.

For this card I got the stamp after Kellie, from Tickled Pink Stamps sent out an email this week to all her customers and offered a free digi to the first 50 who answered... woo hoo I was one of the girls who got the free digi and I chose this darling Birthday Cherrie stamp.

I coloured Cherrie with my promarkers, paper was a free gift in a magazine, sentiment from Hero Arts stamp set, Card Candy and flowers with my CREAlies die cut.
My challenges
- Tickled Pink 22 - ANYTHING GOES
- Birthday Sundaes 12 - ANYTHING GOES
- Craft Your Passion 61 - ANYTHING GOES
Papertake Weekly - ANYTHING GOES
Stamp Something - JUNE DIGI DAY


And now I have a boy's birthday card. Last week or so I was one of the girls picked for the Top 3 at the CardmadFairy Challenge.. well lucky me again, I didn't know, but I had won a digi as well :)) I didn't take much to decide as when I saw this lovely stamp, Zac, I immediately thought of my youngest son Kevin, who, upon his request, is very happily learning the guitar. 


The fantastic papers that I used to do my card today were freebie ones from Bearly-Mine and I did the stars with my Die-Namics stars die...

... using some lovely shiny card which I had forgotten I had.

Quite a simple card, but I am sure he will like it. ... hoping that he will still be playing the guitar in October, that's when his birthday is ha ha am I finally not getting good preparing my cards SO EARLY :)

This is the sketch that I followed to do my card today
And these are my challenges
Bearly-Mine 12- ANYTHING GOES
Ladybug Crafts Ink 31 - ALL ABOUT MALES
Fussy and Fancy - FOR A MAN OR BOY
The Stamp Man 24- BOYS and MEN

And now MY NEWS ...... my exciting news ....  Remember me some time ago saying that I went to apply to be an Extra in Brad Pitt's newest film World War Z?  WELL ....... I GOT CHOSEN .. woo hooo hooo hooo squeal ....... I couldn't contain my excitement when I got the telephone call today and even now I still can't keep quiet with the excitement. I will be going for rehearsals tomorrow and then on Monday for the costume fitting!!! First time for me doing this, so I am really looking forward and we get paid too...  So tomorrow morning, when you see my Crafty Sentiment DT Card going online, I will be ......... rehearsing........  I wonder if I will be rehearsing for how to walk like a zombie     : )

...

..




26 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow, exciting news indeed - hope you have a great time!! Love your Zac card too, you've done a fab job with the sketch :o)
Thanks so much for joining in with the Cardmadfairy challenge this week.
Jenni x

Sandra H said...

Hi, What fantastic news, love the image, so beautifully coloured and the background is so so gorgeous too! .........Sandra H

Danni said...

Very exciting news!! How fun!!
Love your cards,especially the first one!!

scrappyjacky said...

Wow...Brad Pitt eh!!!!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Wow! Get you mixin it with Mr Pitt lol have fun hun xx

Gorgeous card love the colours & the image is super cute!
Love ya other one as well!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

cheryl said...

oh wow get you mixing with the stars and my brad pitt too,oh have fun hun and tell us all about it,love love your card hun just stunning such amazing detail hugs cheryl xxxxx

Liz McGuire, said...

That's brilliant, a movie star indeed!

Two fab cards,

Liz x

Kerry said...

You do realise Dora that your news about Brad Pitt ALMOST outshone your cards lol!! Oh wow..how exciting for you. Good luck...maybe you'll get a scene with him {sigh} Sorry lol, your cards are flabulous. I love the way you colour the hair in the first one. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week xx

Mary J said...

How exciting Dora! I can't wait to see your photos of you looking like a zombie!!

And two fabby cards too! You're obviously on a roll!

Thx for sharing at Ladybug Crafts Ink too honey!!

Regan said...

Fabulous cards! I love the way you colored Cherri and what great paper on your son's card! Big congrats on the movie part! How exciting! Thanks for playing along @ Tickled Pink Challenges for "Anything Goes"!
Regan ~ Guest Designer

Chrissy said...

WHOO HOO!!! Little Miss Celebrity, Congratulations, I can tell all now.."I KNOW A MOVIE STAR" how fantastic...AND BRAD PITT..move over Angelina..Doras in town.lol.
So pleased for you Hun! How magical.

Your cards are both stunning. Love the flowers with that cute image, and ZACH..rocks. Awesome papers, great cards.

BRAD PITT!!!!!....OMG..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Cor* said...

NO WAY!! WOOHOOOO!!! Squealing for you!! SuH-Weet! Great cards too. I adore your stars on the boys card! Well done! And Tickled Pink Cherrie! LOVE IT!

Kelly Latevola said...

You are quite the lucky girl indeed! Your card is super cute. I just adore your coloring of Cherrie and the doodle border is the perfect detail. Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly, and good luck with your movie star career ;)

Kathyk said...

Fab cards and even fabber news - wonder if you'll get to meet Brad? ENJOY the movie experience

Kathyk

Jules said...

Wow Dora .. .. how very exciting!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

I bet you didn't get much sleep for all the excitement.

Loving your cards here and the backing paper for the guitar player is brilliant. Need to check that out!!

Thanks for the link.

Love Jules xx

Jeanette Wallén said...

Super cute cards!!!

Thanks for playing with us at TPSC! :D

/ Jeanette

chrissy xx said...

Oh Gosh!! This is exciting news!!! Yehh!! On the same set as Brad Pitt!!! WoW! You will have to keep us informed about what's happening every time you are on 'set'.
Chrissyxx

chrissy xx said...

Here again. Brad Pitt needed a comment on his own!!
Now for your card lol.
Both Brilliant! Love the colours on your first one. Lucky you getting the stamp! I LOve the stars on your second card (now on wish list). Perfect boy card Doro and another stamp!! You have done well.
Chrissyxx

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!!! Two amazing creations!! I love them both!! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week! *Vicki* ~ Sr. DT member

pinky said...

I am jumping up and down with you Dora, what brilliant and very exciting news, will you sleep tonight at all lol. Keep us updated:0 Love your cards, lucky you getting that gorgeous freebie. I love your boy card the image is just gorgeous, and love that backing paper. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Pinky

LindaS said...

Totally cool take on the sketch. Love the power it shows.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, how exciting!!! Your birthday cards are wonderful. I especially love Birthday Cherrie, she's so cute! Thank you for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

Lisa said...

Cool card, Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge. Say hi to Brad for me!!!!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine ……..
Hugs
Judith

Marjo said...

Whohoo Dora, you go girl! Awesome news all around. How exciting, freebies, winning card, and Zombie extra in a Brad Pitt movie too. Wozer... Hope you are having a great time!

xoxo Marjo

tiggertastic said...

what an amazing post :smile:

enjoyed stopping by today
Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...